Royalty Free Images

Friday, June 29, 2012

Deep Thoughts

I have been taking great strides with my photography lately, really trying to absorb knowledge and tricks and tips and doing what I can to increase my skills. There is so much out there that I didn't know! Well, I still dont' know most of it, but I'm getting there. I came to the realization that I don't think outside the box very well...I used to think I was a creative person, but I am realizing my gift isn't so much in creativity, but ingenuity. Not a bad thing....I'm like the McGuyver of the photography world! Well, maybe not...haha! Anyways, I have been trying to become more creative and think in a way that hasn't been done a million times already. How can I create interesting and unique images? I see all these stunning pictures, but I can't figure out how they did it? My husband said something interesting to me....he expressed his disappointment in photography and that these days, with photoshop etc, what you see in a photo isn't even real. He went on about how in the "olden days", you took a picture, and what you saw was real. Now, you don't know what is real, and he doesn't like it much! I had an epiphany. I was struggling with how to create these stunning images with a "snapshot" approach, but it couldn't be done, and I realized that I had to start thinking in layers (thank you, Photoshop!) OK, so how can I layer different images to create something spectacular? Well, I don't know, but I am going to find out! And I thank my hubby for his mini-rant, because it freed my mind up from its snapshottish trap! See ya later, off to play with photoshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment